GHEE RICE/ NEI SADAM /NEY CHORU
Ghee rice is a very famous food in Kerala. I found all kinds of delicious ghee pulao. If you use basmati rice to make this pulao, it will be delicious. She likes to eat this kind of rice, which has a lot of fried onions and the mild flavor of the whole garam masalas.
Hope you like this recipe. Once you try it, please let me know your feedback.
Basmathi rice-1 cup(200 grm)
water-1.5 cup for 1 cup rice
salt as required
- Heat ghee in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add 1 thinly sliced onion and fry until golden brown. Drain the water and set aside.
3. Stir-fry cashews and raisins… Drain it and set aside.
4. If needed, add more ghee to the pot. .Fry the whole spices until fragrant.
5. Add minced ginger, minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes
6. Add thinly sliced onions, green chilies, and saute until the or raw smell disappears.
7. Add the rice that I have been soaking for 30 minutes and then deep-fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. For1 cup of basmati rice we have to add 1.5 cups of water (some basmati rice requires 2 cups of water)
9. Mix well and check for salt.
10. Bring it to a boil. Cover with low heat, and cook 8 to 10 until the rice is cooked. Cover for another 5 minutes.
11. Open and lightly fluff, sauté cashews with coriander, raisins, and fried onions to garnish.
12. Our ready-made ghee rice can be eaten anytime. Serve hot with lamb/chicken curry or any spicy vegetables/cilantro
Enjoy the recipe with Video Tutorial!!!