Vadai is our favorite evening snack… because these Ulunda vadai are crispy on the outside and too soft in the middle. I want to prepare this vadai in the rainy season. For breakfast, you can make a great combination of this vadai with ghee venpongal, chutney, and sambar. Very healthy combination. .I often prepare this recipe at home. If there are any special occasions at home, such as pooja, this will happen in our menu. . Once you follow my trick, it will be very simple and very easy. Add Very little water while grinding, so you can easily make it into the right shape and crispy.
Don’t miss it, try it at home, and let me know your comments…
Urad dal-200 grm or 1 cup(white whole urad dal)
onion -2 finely chopped
Green chili -3 (finely chopped)
curry leaves-1 hand ful
coriander leaves-1 handful
Peppercorns-1 to 2 tsp (crushed)
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Soak urad dal for 2 to 3 hours
2. Now drain the water and add a small amount of water as needed to grind it into a smooth paste
3. To check the correct consistency of the dough do follow my method..Take a water in a bowl..add small portion of the grounded urad dal mixture in it,it will raise up immediately without delay is a perfect consistency
4.. Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the following ingredients.
5. Add chopped onions, green chilies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, peppercorns, salt and mix thoroughly as needed.
6. Wet your hand, remove a small part from it, and then smooth it with your hand. . Make a small hole in the center and drop it into the hot oil. .You can use banana leaves or any plastic paper to make this vadai.
7.Keep the flame at a medium level, then fry the vadai until golden brown
Enjoy the recipe with Video Tutorial!!!