Tomato thokku/Tomato curry/Thakkali thokku
Tomato thokku. Tomato thokku is perfectly combined with idli, dosa, and curd rice. . It is very simple and very delicious. .You can replace this thokku without chutney. If you make it in batches, it can be kept for many days. I suggest you keep its refrigerator and use it when needed. In our home, thokku is always available. Once exhausted, I will prepare by buying fresh ripe tomatoes on the weekend. Once made with ripe tomatoes, it will become so delicious.
Don’t forget to try this recipe and let me know how to turn it into you.
Gingelly oil-5 tbsp or 40 ml
Split urad dal-1 tsp
garlic pods-2 crushed
tomato (ripe)-1/2 kg
tamarind water(thick)-2 tbsp
turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chili powder-2 tsp
salt as required
Roasted fenugreek powder-1/4 tsp
Asafoetida- A pinch
Powdered jaggery-1 tsped
- Add 5 tablespoons of sesame oil to the kadai.
2. Once hot add mustard and urad dal
3. 2. Once it bursts, add minced garlic and fresh curry leaves, stir-fry for a minute, until crispy.
4. Add tomato puree (1/2 kg of tomatoes are ground into thick puree without adding water).
5.Then add thick tamarind water. .If your tomatoes are too sour, please skip this step.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and season with salt as needed.
7. Cook for 10 minutes until the oil separates from the thokku. 8. Then add the roasted fenugreek powder, a little asafoetida, and finally sprinkle the powdered jaggery in, it will give you nice aroma to this thokku
9. After 5 minutes the tomato thokku will be ready to serve…
Enjoy the recipe with Video Tutorial!!!