Vatha kulambu is a famous South Indian Brahman recipe, which can be prepared in many ways and will also include a South Indian vegetable meal. Vatha kulambu contains ARUSUVAIGAL.so, it is so delicious. When we went to the hotel after eating sambar, we all wanted vatha kulambu or pulikulambu. Today I will use sundaikai vathal to make this curry. sundakai vathal is also called Turkey Berry in English. We can use manathakkali vathal instead of sundakai vathal. Vatha kulambu is also called Honey kulambu.
Today, I will cook with coconut milk. Adding coconut milk will give you a good aroma and structure. Beginners can also try this recipe. Because I only added homemade spice powder and onions and tomatoes. I only use pearl onions and more garlic pods. Especially today, I will make this kulambu look like Srirangam vatha kulambu.
Try using sesame oil to get a good taste. If you skip this step, you will not get the authentic flavor of vathakulambu.
You can store this kulambu in the refrigerator for 2 weeks. For this, you need to add a few extra spoonfuls of sesame oil, which should float on top of the kulambu.If you want to keep it outdoors, you can only keep it for 2 days. Let’s see how to make the perfect vatha kulambu recipe with coconut milk. If you try this recipe, please share your feedback
Through the comments below.
Step by Step Instructions with Pictures:
1. Add sesame oil to the pot. Put the turkey berry in the pan and roast for about 2 minutes, transfer it to a plate, and set aside.
2. After the oil is hot, add fenugreek seeds and seasoning vadagam. If there is no seasoning vadagam, you can use Mustard and cumin seeds instead of that. Stir fry for a minute.
3. Add garlic pods and curry leaves.
4. Then add pearl onions as needed, you can increase the quantity according to my usage. This is the main ingredient of this kulambu. Fry the onion until golden brown.
Stir thoroughly for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add all Spice powders one by one and saute well.
7. Now add the tomato puree (I took a large tomato and grind it into a puree), then stir-fry until the oil separates.
8. Add tamarind extract and mix well.
9. Now, add roasted turkey berries and mix well.
10. Add enough water to adjust the consistency.
11. Add salt as needed, close the lid and let it cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
12. Open the lid and the curry thickens.
13. Add coconut milk and stir well.
14. Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
15. Now Vatha kulambu is ready to serve with white rice. Finally, add curry leaves for garnish. do not forget to add tsp of jaggery powder at the end.it enhances the taste well
Try this Yummy Mouth Watering Vatha kulambu!!!
If you are a beginners ,please watch the video of making a perfect vatha kulambu recipe