Mutton biryani recipe/Mutton biryani in pressure cooker
We will see my favorite recipe for the famous South Indian lamb Biryani. I think it is everyone’s favorite. I like to share this recipe with all Lamb Biryani lovers. Today, I will use the pressure cooker to make this biryani. I used Seeraga samba rice to make this Biryani. You can use basmathi rice or any other instead of seeragasamba. Seeragasamba rice is scientifically proven to be easy to digest and has a good aroma. It is so delicious and easy. The rice and all the spices will combine together and get a good aroma.
Let’s see step by step pictures and video tutorials to get the perfect Lamb Biryani recipe. If you try this recipe, please let me share your feedback via the comments below.
Mutton – 1/2 kg
seeraga samba rice-1/2 kg
tomato- 3 big
ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
yogurt- 4 tbsp
chilli powder-3 tbsp(according to your spicy level)
turmeric powder-1 tsp
chilly powder- 3 tbsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
coconut milk-1 cup (250 ml)
coriander leaves- 1 handful
mint leaves – 1 handful
oil – 50 ml
ghee- 2 tblsp
salt to taste
cinnamon – 1 ” piece
stone flower -few
dried rose petals- 2
marati moggu -2
fennel seeds- 1 tsp
Initially, we want to marinate the mutton pieces.
Add 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste to a bowl. Initially, we want to marinate the mutton pieces. .
Add 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste to a bowl.
Add 1 tablespoon of chili powder Add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Add 4 tablespoons tofu or yogurt Mix well Add the salt needed for the lamb Add lemon juice..
I added 1/2 squeezed lemon juice.
Add coriander and the mint leaves Finally add the lamb slices and mix well.
Let it marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Add 2 tablespoons of ghee to the pressure cooker to melt.
- Add cooking oil..
- Once the oil gets hot, add the whole spices one by one..
- Here you can see the spices I use.
- Let’s fry in the oil well to get a good aroma. Add thinly sliced onions when finished.
- Wait until the onion turns golden brown.
- To speed up the process, add salt Now add the green chilies and spring onions.
- Now I can see that the onion has turned a nice golden color. .This is one of the important steps in making this recipe, and be careful not to burn them
- Next we are going to add ginger and garlic Once the raw smell disappears, add thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Now it’s time to add the spice powder one by one.
- Add 2 tablespoons of red pepper powder, 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of garam masala powder.
- you can use biriyani masala made from garam masala Mix well
- Now I want to add the marinated lamb slices and mix well..
- Leave for 2 minutes. No need to add water now, because the lamb will retain moisture .. Burn 4 whistles on medium fire.
- After the lamb is cooked, now add some fresh mint and coriander leaves. Add 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 cup of water..
- Today I took 500 grams of rice and 500 grams of lamb. Add Seeraga samba rice that has been soaked for 30 minutes. I used 1 cup of water, 1 cup of coconut milk, and 1 cup of water comes from lamb moisture..
- So total 3 cups of water for 4 cups of rice After the rice and meat are well mixed, add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the soup
- After the rice and meat are well mixed, add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the soup Cover the lid and cook 2 whistles at a low flame, then turn off the flame and let stand for another 15 minutes
- Our delicious lamb biryani is always available! You can eat it with raita, lamb kuzhambu. Today, I prepared mutton kuzhambu.
Enjoy the recipe with Video Tutorial!!!